IPL Hair Reduction & Skin Rejuvenation
Health & Beauty Salon in Crystal Palace, G7C's unique approach to IPL Hair Reduction & Skin Rejuvenation treatments help you say goodbye to unwanted hair... and hello to smoother, younger looking skin. Book your IPL treatment online.
IPL Hair Reduction
IPL Skin Treatments (Face, Hands)
- What is intense pulse light?
This incredible new therapy is based on emitting high intensity pulses of light to penetrate the skin to perform such treatments as hair removal and photo rejuvenation.
- How long does each treatment take?
The treatment duration varies, depending on the area to be treated. A single session could start from ten minutes.
- How many treatments will I need?
- Multiple treatments are required because only hairs in the active growth phase can be permanently reduced. We usually recommend 6-8 treatments over a period of time, however this alters from person to person. (IPL sessions must be 4-8 weeks apart for best results).
- In certain cases results are immediately visible (Telangiectasia). However it has been noted that the average person requires arround 6 sessions.
- Does IPL hurt?
Tolerance of pain is different for each individual. Most patients describe the discomfort as moderate and acceptable. No anaesthetic is required. Sensations vary but it is said to feel like a very short hot pin prick.
- How will my skin look after treatment?
In certain cases there may be a temporary redness and/or swelling, usually lasting between an hour to a couple of days. A cooling compress will be applied to the treated area to ease these symptoms.
- Can all types of hair be treated?
The darker the hair, the better the result. White hairs can not be removed using this method.
- Which thread veins can be treated?
We only offer treatments for thread veins in the face. You will need multiple intelibBrite treatments over a period of time in order to obtain maximum potential results.
- Do I need to take special precautions before and after treatment?
The light used is completely safe, visible light. Potentially harmful wavelengths are removed by a dual mode filtering system.
It is important that 30 days before the IPL treatment, you do not:
- expose your skin to sun or UV radiation, i.e sunbeds
- apply self tanning creams or lotions
- wax, threadbor tweeze hair from treatment area
- bleach or tint the hairs on the treatment area
- shave immediately prior to treatment
- avoid all heat treatments such as steam rooms, saunas, hot baths and excessive exercise and swimmimng.
- avoid all perfumed creams and soaps on treated area
- use aloe vera gel
- do not expose your skin to sun/UV rays
- do not epilate the treatment area with waxing, plucking or threading
- apply a high SPF 30+ to skin when outdoors